Sunday, May 2, 2010

How am I going to make it until June 3rd??

I feel really useless today :(  Antz woke up and he watered the backyard, worked on the crown molding in the living room and now he's removing all the tile from the fireplace hearth to regrout and cement them levelly.

















After a long day's work here is the work my lovely has done. It's looking great but he still has another full day to work on it and he's all out of grout :(
































I have only done 2 loads of laundry, washed dishes, went to Fresh & Easy and made breakfast. Now that sounds like I am doing a bunch but I haven't done anything for the shower. So much stuff needs to be finished but there is always something holding us up. I want to cut the zebra fabric for the table linens but we won't have the table until the Friday before the party. I want to hose down the front porch and wipe down the bench but the crew is still working on the garage and they will get it dirty so I can't do that until they are done *the Thursday before the shower*. Last night Antz printed more namecard stickers so we only have 6 more people/stickers pending. I sort of wanted him to just go ahead and make them but he won't until we know for sure they are coming. He also printed some maternity pics for our scrapbook and revised the maps to the hospital. Yesterday he painted the foam board for the menu with chalkboard paint but it caused the foam board to curve which means it won't adhere when he glues it to the rubber mat.














We are thinking of solutions for this problem. I would love to write out the menu but because it's chalk I don't want it to fade or get smudged by the time of the shower. I wish I could be more productive earlier than wait until the week of the shower but all I have done today is made a playlist for Olivia's birth and worked our birth plan:

To The Wonderful Labor & Delivery Staff:
Thank you so much for working with us and taking the time to review our birth plan! It is very important to us to keep medical interventions to a minimum. We are so grateful for your support, and we’ll of course be happy to work with you through this process so that we can receive the best care for us and our baby.


My Name: Elizabeth
Our Daughter: Olivia Lily
EED: Wednesday, June 2, 2010
My Doctor: Dr. Francis Teng
My Husband: Anthony
Our Doula: Gilli
Support: Bobbie / Maria (Mother/Mother-in-Law)

Labor:
If at all possible, I would like to:
• Be free to walk, move around, and change positions during labor.
• Avoid an IV and be free to drink and chew ice chips.
• Keep the number of vaginal exams to a minimum.
• Use a birthing ball, birthing tub/shower, and squatting bar.
• Keep my door closed during labor, have the lights dimmed (if available), and play music from my own ipod.
• We would like to photograph the birth of our child as much as possible.
• We would especially like to avoid labor induction with pitocin and to be given time to try alternative methods such as walking, massage, showers, etc.

Pain Relief:
Please only offer pain medications if I ask for them.
• I have prepared for this birth with focus and breathing techniques, and with the assistance of my Doula and husband.
• My Doula is also a licensed acupuncturist and will be applying acupressure, and providing other support, during labor.
• In the event I am unable to continue without pain relief I would like an epidural.
• I would also like my catheter put in after I receive the pain medication, and would like it to be removed as soon as possible.
Second Stage Labor:
• I prefer to begin pushing instinctively and to have no time limits/countdowns during pushing.
• I would prefer not to have an episiotomy; if possible, I would like to use perineal massage with mineral oil to help avoid the need for an episiotomy.
• If an episiotomy is necessary, I prefer a pressure episiotomy.
• If our daughter needs to be transported to the NICU, Anthony will accompany her, and request that he not be asked to leave our daughter unless absolutely necessary.
• I would like to be informed immediately of any updates in our daughter’s condition after she transport to the NICU, and pictures (taken by my husband) if at all possible. Please update my family in the waiting room at this time of any diagnosis.

Cesarean:
I would like to avoid a C-section unless absolutely medically necessary.
• If a C-Section is medically indicated, please give my husband and I time alone to think about it before asking for our written consent.
• I would like my husband present at all times in the event a Cesarean delivery is necessary.
• Ideally, I would like to remain conscious during the procedure and breastfeed as soon as possible afterwards.
• I would like to see our baby as soon as she’s born, and to have contact with her as soon as possible in the delivery room.

After Our Baby is Born:
• Please put our baby skin-to-skin on my abdomen; a warm blanket covering would be great!
• I would like my husband to cut the umbilical cord.
• Please delay all essential routine procedures on our baby until after the bonding and breastfeeding period.
• I would like to use our personal clothing and blankets for our daughter if possible.
• I would like to keep our placenta which will be stored in a cooler with ice to be made into oral pills.
• I would prefer a sponge bath with my husband present.
• With the approval of our pediatrician, I would like to be present for all routine newborn procedures if possible.
• With the approval of our pediatrician, I prefer our baby to be in our room 24 hours a day.
• My husband or I would like to be present for PKU testing in order to comfort our daughter during the procedure.

Feedings:
• We will be breastfeeding exclusively; please do not offer her a pacifier or bottle so as to avoid nipple confusion.
• If available, I would love to see a lactation consultant as soon as possible for further recommendations and guidance on breastfeeding.

*Thank you for your time, care, and assistance!*

I hope we get nice nurses because I have heard horror stories about grumpy, mean nurses who have to do it their way. I am going to already be a nervous wreck so I don't know how I will tolerate anyone being cunty with me.

No comments: