Sunday, December 13, 2009

I have a one-way ticket to Disappointment City

Today was a nice day, cloudy but no rain. We went for breakfast at a favorite diner of ours, Cindys. I had waffles and Antz had chorizo and eggs. Since we were close to Pasadena we decided to go to Anthropologie to check out the rug we are putting in the bebe's nursery. They didn't have it in stock so we went to the Thousand Oaks mall to see it there. Sheesh, I am glad I did see it in-person because it's thin as a pancake. I love the colors and the size and especially the price $298 but we expected some plushness to it.



































Antz likes the color and size too but he thinks it's not soft/plush enough for the bebe to crawl on. I fell in love with this rug online so I am stumped at the moment.  I have looked at every store online for 5 ft rugs and nothing is close in cuteness. I will try etsy but that concerns me because I will only see the rug online and most likely not be able to return it.
Yesterday was lovely, although it was cold and rainy all day we picked up my Mom-in-law and her sister, Pancha and we stopped by my friend Leslie's craft show. She made cute pillows















We then drove to Long Beach to check out a place I found in Sunset magazine called Belmont Shores. Its a small town south of Long Beach that has canals like in Venice. The houses are cute cottages and most of them had Christmas lights *even lit palm trees*.


















Floating Christmas Trees.
We had some pastries at Sweet Jill's and then walked along on the main street and found the cutest shops ever.




































































Check out these awesome trees










































I took some pics with the Nikon but I'm too lazy to upload them tonight. Antz is searching for a rug so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: