Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tim Fucking Burton at LACMA

Sorry, I'm still trying to catch up from last week. Monday was Aimee's birthday. I already had bought tickets to see the Tim Burton exhibition so Antz took the day off. After my last acupuncture appt.*Gilli is due with boy #3 any day now* we went to LACMA *Los Angeles County Museum of Modern Art* Since the show began in May there has been lines around the block. Surprisingly *well, it was Monday* there weren't many people there, yay I detest crowds! The show was AH-MAZING!!




Practically a ghost town



Inside the exhibit, there was a strict no photos policy but you know I had to snap away. Sorry if a bunch are not in focus, I was using my iphone and pretending I was texting. Oh and Liv slept through most of the museum, she only woke up when we were leaving.




















 How lovely would these numbered prints be in a nursery?












The music in this room was rad. I'm sure it was Danny Elfman.




Thanks to this random nice guy who offered to take a pic of the 3 of us. Nice people RULE!!



Since our tickets included the rest of the museum, we swung by the Kid's painting room and tried out some Japanese brush painting.


I am pretty sure Olivia is going to be left-handed! *like Aimee*


Mom and Dad's crazy Tim Burton inspired art



Some of these pieces are really incredible


A phenomenon happened, I did a jump picture and Antz got it on the first try!!



Total radness!! It was so fun and inspiring. Antz is all excited to start painting and sculpting again. I got a Tim Burton book of his work. We went to Aimee's apartment and while we waited for her to come home from having her sleeve worked on, we put a few things in her place. Antz framed a poster for her. I made this banner *which is available for sale in my etsy shoppe.


Antz painted these adorable guys for Aimee's bathroom


I got her this shower curtain from Urban Outfitters


Aimee freaked out when she saw her terrarium. I bought her one from the Renegade Craft Fair but we had an accident and it broke so we made a new one. I think we did pretty well, you can't tell the difference at all.


Speaking of terrariums, I couldn't post any pictures of the booth I bought them from so I wouldn't ruin Aimee's surprise but here it is. Love it!!







Here's my little one



So we took her and Holden out for dinner at Kabuki *super yummy*


Yep, we are both 12!


She was in major pain on her arm but it is turning out pretty stellar.


We are throwing a huge birthday/apartmentwarming soiree this Saturday. I am making a fascinator for Aimee to wear. I hope it turns out cute cause she's wearing it, like it or not!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!

No comments: