Monday, October 20, 2014

Not That Kind of Girl

I have been anticipating Lena Dunham's new book for almost two years now. I pre-ordered my copy in advance before the official release date. I missed out on the book tour performance dates for LA but she had a book signing at the Grove last Tuesday. I showed up early in the morning and was number twenty five in line. Lucky for me, my friend Christina showed up so we were able to catch up about her recent trip to Europe. We were given priority wristbands so when we returned at 7 pm, we would line up in the order of our wristbands.








The security dudes were hilarious. They definitely took their job too seriously so it was impossible to pose with her so all I got was this lousy selfie.
I was super nervous for some weird reason
How do you get a four year old to wait patiently in line without having a meltdown? Bribe her with candy of course!
 Ugh, I know my photos are horrible but Barnes & Noble had some intense security and there was no photography allowed at the desk so I snapped that one on the down-low. The security was practically going to tackle me if I tried to take a photo so I turned the video on my iphone and you can hear the conversation I had with my new friend Lena.  

Sorry, I know the video sucks but Lena is sooo sweet. I was so creepy and smiley. I never get starstruck but I was speechless. At least Olivia had the balls to talk to her.

Lena Dunham Book Signing from sunkissis on Vimeo.


She is the perfect balance of awkward grace and confidence and I love her even more. Buy her book! Not That Kind of Girl.

No comments: