Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oscar Noms


I love awards season *yummy fashion, Hollywood glamour, what's left of it, and Micheal K's live blogging makes me laugh until my face hurts* I was too busy trying to make figure out how to make my Mom's documentary play on our retarded surround sound system, to blog about the Golden Globes this year. I thought Ricky did a fantastic job and I never understand why the old farts hire a controversial comedian to host these *formal* events and then get bent of shape when they tell fucked up jokes. Well this morning the Academy Award nominations were announced and here are my picks *please do not run to your nearest bookie, my choices hardly take home Oscar* Sadly since the joyous new addition to our lives, we no longer go to the movies as often as we'd like to. Let's just celebrate that Meryl was NOT nominated this year!

Liz's Pick/Likey to Win

Actor in a Leading Role


Javier Bardem, “Biutiful”
Jeff Bridges, “True Grit” *The Dude abides*
Jesse Eisenberg, “The Social Network”
Colin Firth, “The King's Speech” *I suppose acted with a stutter can be difficult to pull oo..ooo...ooooff*
James Franco, “127 Hours” *doesn't he wish, it's already a fluke he's hosting, Billy Crystal wasn't available??*

Actor in a Supporting Role

Christian Bale, “The Fighter” *He took it at the GGs, he may take home his first Oscar, he definitely has been playing the douchebag roles down to a science! Now he just needs to cut his hair*
John Hawkes, “Winter's Bone”
Jeremy Renner, The Town”   *Jeremy, you were the "It Boy" last year, count your lucky stars*
Mark Ruffalo, “The Kids Are All Right” *Mark is super cute*
Geoffrey Rush, “The King's Speech”



Actress in a Leading Role

Annette Bening, “The Kids Are All Right”
Nicole Kidman, “Rabbit Hole” *she is Hollywood royalty... with the guys who pick winners*
Jennifer Lawrence, “Winter's Bone”
Natalie Portman, “Black Swan” *she doesn't get my vote because she still owes me $8 for Star Wars: The Phantom Menace*
Michelle Williams "Blue Valentine" *Aimee LOVED this movie but I didn't see it, I know Michelle is incredible, rooting for her*



Actress in a Supporting Role

Amy Adams, “The Fighter”
Helena Bonham Carter, “The King's Speech” *I've been a fan ever since Fight Club, she's batshit crazy but she's a good actress*
Melissa Leo, “The Fighter” *The Fighter is owning awards this year*
Hailee Steinfeld, “True Grit”
Jacki Weaver, “Animal Kingdom”



Animated Feature Film

“How to Train Your Dragon” *I really enjoyed this movie and my friend worked on it, I am rooting for it to win*
“The Illusionist” *I LOVE Sylvain Chomet but he can't compete with the Disney Mafia*
“Toy Story 3”



Music (Original Song)

“Coming Home” from “Country Strong” Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
*Ugh, nothing good ever wins in the music category, this won at the GGs so I would say it will win again but for some reason Randy Newman always takes the gold*
“I See the Light” from “Tangled” Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
“If I Rise” from “127 Hours” Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
“We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3" Music and Lyric by Randy Newman *HORRIBLE! but he will take it*



Best Picture

*Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous that they can nominate EVERY  film that came out last year, let's pick best out of 4, I know many were worthy but some of these are not going to be Prom Queen!*

“Black Swan” *Good luck, Darren!*
“The Fighter”  *I am choosing based on the director, I haven't seen it, but David O. Russell directed one of my favorite movies I Heart Huckabees and he went off on Lily Tomlin. He has become my homeboy ever since*
“Inception”
“The Kids Are All Right”
“The King's Speech”
“127 Hours”
“The Social Network”
“Toy Story 3”
“True Grit”
“Winter's Bone"
*WHAT!!?? No Tourist??*


Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

“127 Hours” by Danny Boyle & Simon Beaufoy
“The Social Network” by Aaron Sorkin *I don't understand the hype behind this movie, I think it's a weak plot with a weak cast, yeah I said it...WEAK!!*
“Toy Story 3” by Michael Arndt; Story by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton and Lee Unkrich
“True Grit” by Joel Coen & Ethan Coen *The Coens are brilliant, we KNOW!! I have only heard great things about this movie*
“Winter's Bone” by Debra Granik & Anne Rosellini



Writing (Original Screenplay)

“Another Year” by Mike Leigh
“The Fighter” by Scott Silver and Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson;
Story by Keith Dorrington & Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson
“Inception” by Christopher Nolan *Flawless storytelling, this was an original story for a change!*
“The Kids Are All Right” by Lisa Cholodenko & Stuart Blumberg
“The King's Speech” by David Seidler



Best Director

Darren Aronofsky, "Black Swan" *I know it has a slim chance of winning but I really enjoyed this movie, I think The Fighter will take it because of it's cast and it was drama-ier*
David O. Russell, "The Fighter" *You're a misogynistic pimp, David!*
Tom Hooper, "The King's Speech"
David Fincher, "The Social Network"
Joel & Ethan Coen, "True Grit"



Best Foreign Film

Biutiful (Mexico) *I don't know, it's spelled wrong and has Javier Bardem in it...no other reason*
Dogtooth (Greece)
In a Better World (Denmark)
Incendies (Canada)
Outside the Law (France) *Sadly I didn't see any of these, but I did add them to my Netflix queue, so I vote for my favorite country, viva la France*


Can't wait to watch the lameness of Anne Hathaway & James "Crossdresser" Franco!

1 comment:

Leeann B. said...

Awwww, your not a fan of Anne? I like her.. She seems like she's a funny yet sweet chick in real life. But that's just my perception. Altho, there's times I feel she tries a bit TOO hard to be funny. But she's def sweet, I think.. lol

Anyways, I like your picks! I personally would've liked to see Mila Kunis in there for Best Supporting Actress.. But then AJ told me last night, "why, b/c she played a good slutty role??" lol of course that's all he'd get out of it.. haha But I seriously thought she did well! And, unlike you (probably b/c she doesn't owe me $8 and b/c I didn't see Blue Valentine yet, altho I do intend to) I'd like to see Natalie Portman win for Actress in a Leading Role.. I thought she was amazing!! But I like pretty much all your other picks! Good job! But like you said, others will prob win.. The people that pick these winners are just ridic..