Friday, September 23, 2011

Design Mania

Lately I've been on an extreme home design kick. I've been mood boarding like crazy *I may post a few when they are finished but I'm trying to keep them secret until I actually can use them* and scouring Apartment Therapy.

I am in LOVE with these artsy/toylicious rooms







Not for this house, of course, but my Dream House!

Crazy...I know but that lovely house is always on my mind. I've also been watching alot of Emily Henderson not only on her show Secret from a Stylist but also on HGTV'd. At first I wasn't a huge fan. I tried to give her a shot but I found myself shouting at the TV, "Noo, don't add any more baskets or Boo, she should have kept that first rug!" Needless to say, many others must have been saying the same thing because about 6 episodes into the season her show discarded the 2 layer design approach and she now infuses the couple's style with one cohesive look. Now I'm smitten. I do find it incredulous how Emily finds gorgeous expensive-looking pieces and says Oh, I found this for just $50. I roll my eyes at people who can find trash and make it treasure *Anthony* However I've developed a design crush on her. So as I'm clearing out my DVR I've noticed I've been hoarding episodes of Secrets of a Stylist and Home by Novagratz *super FABulous design couple* so I decided to take a photo of my favorite rooms so I can get design ideas.

This is one of my favorite rooms, I adore the contrast of the blue sofa with the yellow rug.


This is a guest house design. I love the beachy feel and I want that Capriz hanging lamp.



Seeing the Pebble Rug from West Elm in this room has made me reconsider it on my wishlist. We saw it in person and thought it would shed too much but if we use it in a low traffic area like the living room, it would look much better than the overpriced Finnia rug from Anthropologie I was thinking of going with.


I am not a fan of leather couches but I do love this wall shelving!


I know these photos don't showcase the rooms as good as telly, but I find them inspirational. She does like to follow a formula for her designs. I like that most of the rugs she uses are under $1,000 and I am starting to like antiques more.

Check out J. Crew's Creative Director Jenna Lyon's classic and lovely home *I saw her rad nursery in Domino it made me want the Oeuf furniture for Liv's nursery* Her house is giving me goosebumps. Just goregous...



Her shoe collection *and they way she displays them* are sick







Now if only I can convince Antz to paint Olivia's closet like this


Happy Weekend! I'll be mood boarding to my heart's delight.

No comments: