Saturday, June 9, 2012

As seen on TV

It's been ten years since I participated in an infomercial and next month I will be appearing on the telly at 3:00 am, blaring at you after you fall asleep with the TV on. I am actually excited about the product I'll be pretending to not be able to live without. It's....a turkey fryer!! The guy who invented it is famous Ron Popeil.

Me & Ronny 
He basically invented every product you've ever seen in an infomercial. I met this charismatic fellow yesterday. He demonstrated to us skeptics how the fryer works *it uses Olive oil and you can cook like a bajillion things with it* I still have my Ronco knife set from the first infomercial.

I used my paparazzi skills to get this photo of the fryer with the steamer on top
I sampled fried corn, mushrooms, coconut shrimp, french fries, zucchini, chicken and turkey, all really delish. My absolute favorite was the fried banana! I hope to attempt a fried turkey without burning our house down. The demo looked made it seem very safe and simple. I have never cooked a turkey before but as a participant I was given a full fryer set, a carving knife, a steamer, olive oil and a lovely 11 lb turkey. Now that I think of it, it may not be a good idea for me to be able to fry oreos.

My loot
Oh, I almost forgot, I went to his house in Beverly Hills to pick up the fryer. I took these photos in the bathroom of his 13 bedroom mansion.



I'm such a nerd!

No comments: