Monday, July 1, 2013

Antz Birthday Weekend Wrap Up

We have been on a sabbatical for the past four days. My lovely husband turned 38 and we celebrated and hiked the desert hills.

Don't worry folks, he doesn't have a mohawk, this photo was taken years ago
His old fridge in his office at work needed replacing so we bought him a bigger version for keeping his favorite drinks *Diet peach Snapple* cold.

I love his butt birthday card *I'm butt #3*
We had a delish home cooked birthday feast.


Thank God for air conditioning since it was super hot. My Mom, Liv and I got in the hot tub which even though it was 80 degrees, felt great. Liv is learning how to blow bubbles in the water now. So that's as close to a pool as I got.

All my outdoor fun plans *beach, picnic at the Silverlake meadow* went out the window when it was close to 100 degrees. Antz was stationed under the air conditioning vents. We managed to take Liv to the movies. I had to snap this photo of the adorable little Mike Wazowski *don't worry, I was sitting in the last row and turned my brightness all the way down, nothing irritates me more than when someone is on their bright phone during a movie*


I noticed by the thousands of photos of this exact same image on Instagram, I'm not the only one who had this idea. Monsters University was really good, I highly recommend it. I also bought The Great & Powerful Oz on DVD for Liv. We took her to see it at the movies and even though I was concerned it would be too scary for her, she LOVED it. Antz even made her a paper version of Glinda's crown and wand *after she begged us to buy her one everyday*

*I'm not even joking, she wears her Cinderella dress and glass slippers all day, every day!*
Antz and I saw World War Z last week and it was entertaining. There are parts, particularly the ending that will disappoint, but anything with Brad Pitt keeps my attention *I like his greybeard stoner face*


I was hoping to have a BBQ for the 4th of July but now we don't think it's gonna happen. We took our cat Lola to the vet and she had an unexplainable accident that ended up with her getting stitches on her leg. Now she is on two medications that we have to give her 4 times a day. If you have ever given meds to a cat orally, you'll know how miserable we all are. Seeing her limp around the house is sadders but we have to keep her inside until she heals so she cries to go out all the time. It sucks, my poor Lola in her cone of shame.


I haven't been so happy happy either, I have been working on Liv's 3rd scrapbook on Shutterfly. Her first 2 books were a breeze to make but for some weird reason when I used the editing tools on Firefox *which is my preferred browser* it kept crashing. So I open it in Safari, it works but I can't upload photos from my Instagram account, d'oh! So let's just say, I am having a hard time finishing it. Then I have 550 photos to edit and of course I want to use every single one of them but the book has only 45 pages and I'm trying to condense. You guys know how I'm all about quantity and not so consistent with quality!


Well, since I'm on nurse duty this week, I may not be able to blog often. Just know I'm here, thinking of completing my Summer Bucket List.

  1. As always, Beach days!!
  2. Last year we didn't make it to a concert at the Hollywood bowl, so I'm super stoked to see Björk at the Bowl June 11th!! *Björk was AMAZING!!*
  3. Attend Liv's school Summer Masquerade Serenade *We had a wonderful time*

  4. Grill this!!     
Gedb69aZ3McnihAnsQufpOqU.jpeg:Amazon:photo
Rosemary and beef kebabs
    5.  Have a family BBQ *Possibly Maybe soon?*
    6.  Braid my hair *Done.


Before


After, Very Fancy!
        7. Go to Disneyland *for Liv's 3rd Birthday*
         8.  Have dinner at Knotts Berry Farm.  *I love their biscuits with Knott's jam*
         9.  Attend Tom & Jess's beach wedding in July.



        10. Attend the Renegade Craft Fair *one of my favorite summer events*
        11. Have a friends BBQ *and make a signature cocktail*
        12. Cook at least 5 recipes from my Pinterest board *and use my new crock pot*
        13. Take Olivia to see Monster's University
        14. Stage an intervention for Amanduh Bynes *we're all concerned*
        15. Buy this adorable sun hat for me, a Mexican dress for Olivia and Antz could use
              new sunglasses too!
Kate Spade Hello Sunshine raffia sun hat *it's sold out at Nordstrom :(
      16.  Go bike riding on the Strand
      Bonus: Swim/tan as often as possible!!

No comments: