Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend Wrap-up

Oh man, so much summer fun crammed into 4 days! Aimee came over to eat and we redneck-ed it in the backyard with booze and watching Liv splash around in her pool. I got a little too much sun but it was a good time.

MEAT!!!
Once again Highland Park did not disappoint as the fireworks capital of Los Angeles. It really sounded like bombs going off every second.

This is as crazy with fireworks as I get!
Mr Mailman brought me two much anticipated *as well as one unexpected* deliveries.

I ordered these guys back in May, they were totally worth the wait! Freshly Picked Moccasins
Liv's Third year Shutterfly book arrived!

Click here to view this photo book larger
Her book turned out lovely
Stephanie, Carlos & Sophie Bloom sent Liv a special birthday package of gifts. She was super stoked! Thanks guys!!

Friday we decided to have an impromptu picnic in the park and then check out the California Science Center

I love the Parisian vibe at Barnsdall Art Park
Liv challenged Daddy to a race
It was fun but my phone died so I didn't get many photos. It was cool to see the Endeavour space shuttle in person.
Nerd Fact: Endeavour had 25 successful flight during it's 19 years of service.
It's like 50 times the size than it looked when it flew over our house last year

Antz took this rad shot

This photo of us came out pretty lame, it was bad lighting in there.
We bought Liv a space shuttle toy, we tried to teach her how to salute.
 I couldn't resist stopping by the childhood house of Don Draper.

 I've seen it tons of times since it's located on historic Carroll Street *one of my favorite places in LA*
Friday night we hung out with Story & Chris for pizza and homemade peach cobbler *which was perfection, Story*. They gave Antz the raddest birthday present, these adorable Adventure Time toys.

Chris acting a fool as usual
Saturday we went to our nephew & niece's daughter's *Cayce, Ann-Marissa & Chayanne* 1st birthday party. It was a super fun pool party.

Antz made this gift wrapping magic
The pool was AH-MAZ-ING!
So now I want an in-ground trampoline super bad
Lemme tell ya, this guy is a great workout!
Chayanne is such a sweetie pie!
Liv was swimming up a storm, she's very comfortable in the pool.
Grandma Debra and the birthday girl
Grandpa Darwin signing her birthday puppy
I love this idea *I wrote on the puppy's feet*
Liv was inseparable with her friend Jianna!
Everyone helped Chayanne open her presents
She's on the verge of walking any day now
I tried to get a photo of the girls hugging but all I got was their golden curls. We're going to plan a playdate soon.







Antz was sweet enough to watch Liv for me so I could go see This is the End with Story and Chris. It was hilarious and I spotted Joe Manganiello *Alcide* at the theater.

I'm always on celeb watch!
Sunday we took it easy, breakfast with Leslie & Stephen at Cindy's.

Liv & Nina
This afternoon we stopped by Antz Mom's to visit relatives who are in town.


We feel like we've seen everyone we know this weekend. So happy we have a week with no commitments to relax. How was your weekend?

No comments: