Friday, May 2, 2014

Pack Rat

I have been running around like a chicken with her head cut off preparing for our trip. I hope to have everything done by next week so I won't have any last minute surprises. I am trying to stay uber-organized because this is the longest trip we've taken so I am packing our entire lives. Not really but I did a preliminary pack last week and it turns out my clothes, shoes and toiletries didn't come close to fitting in my tiny carry on suitcase.

8

I'm trying to follow this example I found on Pinterest.

london packing

Luckily, I can borrow one of Antz suitcases and use my carry-on for Liv's clothes and other stuff I couldn't fit into my bag.

We bought this 4-piece Swiss Gear set from Nordstrom Rack for only $99 back in 2005!
I am wearing my heaviest clothes and shoes on the plane
I am trying my best to condense my packing list but it's harder than it looks. So far I've got:

Suitcase
4 pairs of pants
2 pair of jeans
4 dresses
3 shorts
5 skirts
3 blouses
2 cardigans
3 sweaters
7 tops
2 scarves
1 trench coat
Pajamas/socks
Underoos
Clutch/Tote
Makeup Bag
Hair products *still unsure if I'm bringing my flat iron
Ban.do Accessories/Jewelry
8 Pairs of shoes *I know, I need to cut this by 3!

Laptop bag
Laptop/Cords
iPad
Adaptors
Extra chargers/Batteries

Backpack
Wallet
Passport *bringing extra passport photos
Itinerary folder *it's 10 pages long!/Travel vouchers
iPhone/Headphones
Sunglasses
Umbrella *I hope it doesn't rain
Nikon J1 Camera
Eos lip balm
Water bottle

Camera bag *we may put this guy in Antz backpack

Our heavy, giant Nikon DSLR
Extra lens
Cords/Batteries

Aye yi yii! My suitcase is bursting at the seams. I am praying we don't get charged for exceeding the weight limit. I don't know how I will be able to bring home any souvenirs. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, I always do.

I have been ordering things online like crazy. I got a new backpack for Antz and Liv *so excited for hers to arrive next week!* and we needed this Apple travel adapter kit. I also ordered some cute sandals I couldn't resist that were on sale for Liv. I have a few more things I'll share later.

So after two weeks of drama with finding a place to rent in Paris, we got our apartment!! I can't believe our luck. It's super cute and affordable and the host seems really sweet.

Looks rad huh?
So many things I need to do today. Any tips for efficient packing?

Have a lovely weekend!!

No comments: