Monday, March 1, 2010

Let's get Cooking!

What a lovely Monday. I went to see Gilli, my acupuncturist, I let her know I was having a pain in my right rib and she said it was common and needled me up. She gave me a pretty awesome massage and I slept like I had been drugged for the hour. After that I stopped by Pico Party Rents to see if I could negotiage the price of the chiavari chairs but the best they could do was 10% off. That sounds good to me, any discount works. Next on my errands was Target, I don't know why I chose the Target in West Hollywood but of course it was packed like a Saturday afternoon. Maybe I was hoping to bump into Neil Patrick Harris or someone but no luck. I did luck out on new pots and baking sheet for under my $150 budget.

















So now that I have pretty new pots and pans I need to get cooking! I have made a list of receipes I want to try out.

Shrimp/Chicken Pad Thai Noodles
Lasagna
Banana Nut Bread
Cajun seasoned fried chicken and biscuits
Turkey or chicken pot pie
Dutch apple strudel pie
Southern mac & cheese
Sesame Shrimp Skewers
Sweet and sticky rice
Apple Crisp
Homemade pesto sauce for sandwich dipping
And hopefully traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year

I have a Real Simple receipe book that I'd like to start using. I am completely novice when it comes to cooking but now that we are having a little one, it'd be nice to be able to make more than cereal for her. I am excited to learn how to cook basics, for example I went through 6 eggs before I could make one successful sunny side up. Even then by the time I finish cooking eggs, the bacon and pancakes are cold.

No comments: