Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Win-esday!

Today I woke up with a fire under me, a jump in my step and a smile on my face. I was happily greeted by my lovely husband outside spray painting the menu mat, 2 frames and an old planter. He's so rad!














What a difference a $6 can of spray paint makes!  We plan to buy cream peonies for the planter.














We can't wait to print our gorgeous maternity photos and put them in the frames. Tonight Antz will support the back of the mat with wood and cut the foam board to paint with chalkboard paint.



















































We did a test sample of the paint, it will definitely need 2 or 3 coats. The foam board is pretty absorbant. I'm going to Target tomorrow after our prenatal appt and I'll buy some chalk.
My Mom called me and we were on the phone for over 3 hours! We had a really interesting, fun conversation. She is in town this week and will stop by our house this Saturday. Fed Ex delivered our wreath from Etsy :)














Isn't it FAB! I love it so much, I need to find a protectant spray so it doesn't get dirty.
We also got a gift from our registry from Gilli, my acupuncturist


















I love it but I have no idea where we will keep it. I am thinking we will use it at the Grandmother's houses.
Today David and the architect are supposed to come over to discuss the blueprints, I guess it's small progress. I really hope they start work tomorrow at least Friday. I was bummed about the glider not being delivered in time for the shower so I sent some emails to the company and they responded that I should get it no later than May 12th. I will be so relieved once I get the glider and the bassinet.
**BREAKING NEWS**
David came by today to update me about the roof. Turns out the city is requiring more materials *irons posts* and more work to be done to get approval. This means more money from us. He is getting an iron estimate and wants to meet with us on Saturday but I want to meet sooner to get the work started. At this point I feel drained, extorted and blindsided. I can argue that the contractor should be responsible for permits and he isn't holding up his end on getting the project finished in a week. Me making these arguments doesn't get the work finished though. I can't take him to court and I am beyond stressed out *my poor husband is too* and I feel really helpless. I have no clue how much more it will cost or even how much longer it will take to finish. We are both regretting the choice to start this project. I am back on the bummer bus and it's taking all the fun out of our DIY projects and moving forward. My greatest fear is our roof won't be finished in time for the party. My Mom keeps telling me to get the roof done without the railing and finish the railing in a few months. It would make our house look awful, we wouldn't be able to put back our floodlight and the railing for the stairs wouldn't have anything to anchor to. This is neverending, everytime I get my hopes up that we have tackles a hurdle, 3 more pop up. This is the least of my worries at this point. I need to be relaxed and preparing for the birth of our daughter. I have cried my eyes out twice about it, now I am ambivalent. MAJOR SUCK!

















Were we better off with this? Than this?

No comments: