Saturday, July 3, 2010

25 Before I'm 35 or 75!

Now that my dearest has hit 35

















I've been thinking of how quickly I'm approaching my 35th and I need to get as much done as I possibly can. I need to get working on my Bucket list now, its been 8 months since I even thought about this list.

1...See our child graduate from University *optimisticly with honors from Oxford*
2...Go to Buñol, Spain for La Tomatina *tomato throwing festival*
3...See Bjork play live at Glastonbury in the UK and in Reykjavík, Iceland
4...take my kid to a presidential inauguration *hopefully Obama will be re-elected in 2012*
5...drive a car on the left side of traffic *in any of the left-sided countries UK, India, South Africa, Japan, Indonesia or Australia/New Zealand* *we plan to rent a car in London during the Olympics although traffic will be ridiculous*
6...Cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner for 8 guests
7...Learn to speak French *at least conversationally*
8...Read 12 Classic novels *Oliver Twist, Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, The Glass Menegerie, The Great Gatsby, Atlas Shrugged, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, A Tale of Two Cities* italics are ones I have read. Hopefully Olivia will read these too.
9...learn to sew *Ask Antz Mom to teach me* and make this adorable dress for Liv
10...Volunteer at an Animal Shelter
11...Visit all 5 Disneyland Theme Parks *California, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong*
12...give birth naturally *drug-free* keeping my finger crossed on this one *sadly I succumbed to 3 epidurals but I did give birth*
13...attend the red carpet at a major awards show *Golden Globes or Academy Awards*
14...create a blog dedicated to my life travels
15...renew our wedding vows in Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary
16...purchase a hybrid environmentally-friendly car
17...purchase an airstream and road trip throughout North America
18...stay at 50 W hotels around the world *47 to go*
19...see Olivia compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC
20...renovate my house or our next house
21...have our nursery/home featured on Ohdeedoh blog *DONE!*
22...spend one year living abroad *London or Paris would be dreamy*
23...attend the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics *planning to go to London 2012*
24...visit the 7 Wonders of the World *Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal India, The Colosseum, Rome, Machu Picchu Peru, Great Pyramid Eygpt, Petra Jordan and Christ the Redeemer Brazil* I'll be happy if I get to at least 3 of these
25...spend Christmas at a Bed & Breakfast in Canada *Montreal ideally*

In retrospect, these are mostly my outlandish daydreams. I like to set my ambitions high so when incredible things do happen to me *Winning the Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right, marrying the man of my dreams, buying our house {with hardly any money}, giving birth to our lovely and exquisitely beautiful, daughter and sneaking into an after party at a Bjork concert* You kinda start waking up with the expectation of "what odd occurance will happen today?" I am pretty sure that purchasing/renovating my dream house in Atwater Village, our London Olympics vacation, volunteering at an animal shelter, and buying an Airstream will be crossed off in the next 2 years.

No comments: