Friday, June 17, 2011

Another one bites the dust

Anyone who knows me understands my status as the Mags Queen. I am obsessed with magazines, from fashion, shelter, lifestyle, to the tabloids, don't worry I don't read National Inquirer *even I won't touch that mess* but I am saddington today because one of my very favorite mags Readymade has gone under. I first flipped through Readymade waiting for my dentist appt. and fell in love. An affordable home design, crafting mag with a hipster vibe? Umm, hell yes! I started anticipating it's release every 2 months. I've amassed a small collection in the past 2 years but like my other mags, I didn't have room to keep every single issue.



First Blueprint, then my beloved Domino, next Cookie and now Readymade. Why does my favorites have to go down in flames? Not the lame ones like Self,  or one of the countless Golf magazines *sorry Tiger Woods fans, ohh there aren't any? great* The point is, my mags are my inspiration source, my coffee break from the joys of Mommyhood and my guilty pleasure. I worry Nylon may be next on the chopping block. Then where would I find my cool obscure, indie bands and neon sneakers, clownish make up and overly trendy fashion tips?? I feel like I have to hoard them because you never know which ones will cease publication next *keep your hands off Real Simple, Living and Us Weekly!!* As you can see, my mags are overtaking our small home.


My Real Simple Collection...I don't know what to do cause I'm running out of room.


Over the laundry nook


My desk in the bedroom

Some of my Cookie and Money back issues. Okay, you may be thinking...Money, how boring! Hear me out, Money is life tool for a mere $5!! I have learned how to diversify Antz 401k, choose the best medical insurance, plan our monthly budget, invest in Liv's education funds, open CD accounts, pay down out credit cards, choose the best auto loan and even home improvement advice and electronic gadget shopping guides. Yes, the magazine is directed towards wealthy people in their 60's who have paid off their mortgage and on the verge of retirement but it has the best financial advice and planning I have read. I highly recommend it if you are as clueless about how to save a penny as I am.

My closet

I promise *to Antz* that one day I'll cut out the stuff I like and make a binder to consolidate the mags and free up some space but for some reason I can't part with them. When I see a mag I don't have online that I don't have, I get obsessed until I find it. Magazines Anonymous here I come!

On a totally random note; check out who paid me a visit on my front stairs this morning!!

Prince Charming, is that you?

I did NOT kiss him!!

Antz checked and apparently a frog on your doorstep is considered a good omen.

"When the frog jumps into your life it may indicate now is a time to find opportunities in transition. We see animal symbolism of transition with the frog in its unique growth cycle. The frog undergoes incredible transformations to reach the destination of full adulthood, and so do we as humans."

In many cultures the primary symbolic meaning of frogs deals with fertility. This is largely because these cultures observed Frogs laying enormous quantities of eggs, therefore making it a fertility symbol as well as a symbol of abundance.
A quick-list for animal symbolism of the frog includes:
  • Luck
  • Purity
  • Rebirth
  • Renewal
  • Fertility
  • Healing
  • Metamorphosis
  • Transitions *hopefully selling our house and buying our Dream House in AV*
  • Dreaming   *dreaming of Paris*
  • Opportunity
  • Intermediary
In Egypt we see the Frog-headed Heket who is an Egyptian goddess of birth(ing).

Well, no fertility needed here *where were you 2 years ago, huh?* To many people's dismay, Olivia will be an only child. However it is cool to see a froggy chilling on my stairs.

Well, tonight Godparents Stephen & Leslie are bebesitting for us cause we are going to Paramount to see Bridesmaids, YAY! Tomorrow I won't be online much, I am going to my friend Stephanie's bridal shower and Antz is taking Liv to her swimming lesson *even though the weather still sucks* we can't miss another lesson! Sunday is Papa's day and I am super stoked to give Antz his gift. I wrapped it today, I'd show you but he reads my blog and I don't want him to guess *even though he's already sure of what it is*

R-rrrribet!

No comments: