Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My RAD Life List

Welcome to My Life List
 Here is my *overly ambitious* list of things to accomplish during my lifetime. Some of these are total dreams of mine that may be far-fetched but others are quite doable and I am currently in the process of completing. Please email me if you would like to sponsor a dream on my list. sunkissis at aol dot com

Things that would be Lovely
  • Grow my hair long and thick *like when I was a child*
As a kid, I hated my long thick hair. Oh what I would give to have hair like this now!

  • Plant a vertical garden like this
 

  • Have our nursery/home featured on Ohdeedoh blog DONE   
  • Learn to converse in French *go back to Paris with Olivia, this time speaking French only, and take the Amelie walking tour*
  • Build my dream closet/wardrobe *edit my wardrobe to pieces I love/look amazing it*
  •  Meet Jack White and take a picture with him in a photo booth
  • Redesign my blog layout  
  • Grow my own peonies, strawberries and herb garden *that the bugs don't eat*
  • Read Classic novels *Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre,  Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies, The Glass Menagerie, The Great Gatsby, Atlas Shrugged, Oliver Twist, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Wuthering Heights, A Tale of Two Cities, Moby Dick*  Italics are ones I have read
  •  Create a blog dedicated to our life travels *turn all the yellow pins {places we want to go} into red pins {places we've been} on our map*

mothers, bjork
Björk and her son in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland

  • Spend Christmas at a Bed & Breakfast in Canada *Montréal ideally* 
  •  Add a padlock with our names on it to a lock bridge

Pont des Arts, Paris
  • Dress up and attend an opera/ballet *cities may vary; Los Angeles Philharmonic Hollywood Bowl or Walt Disney Concert Hall, New York Metropolitan Opera House, Royal Opera House, London, Palais Garnier, Paris or Sydney Opera House*
  • Stay at these hotels; Chateau Marmont, Sunset Tower, Roosevelt Hollywood, Fairmont Heritage Place, The Standard, The Ritz, Four Seasons, Beverly Hills Hotel, Mr Cs, Peninsula, Waldorf Astoria, St Regis, One & Only Los Cabos
  • Visit 50 of the 52 certified Los Angeles farmers markets *29 down/21 to go*
  Things that would be Rad
  • Jump into a pool with all my clothes on    
 IkVBus on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
  • See Björk play live at Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK and in her hometown, Reykjavík, Iceland
  • Be a contestant on The Amazing Race with Antz
  • Attend Blogshop and learn how to make my blog radder 
 
  • Ride a pink Vespa *with a matching pink helmet*
  •  Sleep in a tipi
  •  Smash a pie in my BFF's face *she really wants me to*
  • Attend the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics *I was planning to go to the 2012 London Olympics, but I made the adult decision to save the money for our Dream House*
  •  Dine at one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants 
  • Buy an authentic Moroccan rug, fez and spices 
  • Attend New York Fashion Week
  • Host outdoor movie night at our house 
  • Act in a film
  • Walk across the Grand Canyon on the skywalk
Which will confront my fear of heights
  • Build a photo booth in our house
DIY Photo booth
  • Attend the red carpet at a major awards show *Golden Globes, BAFTAs or Academy Awards*
  • Own a Chanel handbag, a designer piece of furniture and invest in art from my favorite artists 
Nathan Ota 'Midnight Crooner'
  • Start collecting vinyl LPs *so far I have one Björk and one Radiohead record*
  • Meet Tom Waits and see him perform live
Glitter & Doom Tour
  • Spend one year living abroad *Paris would be dreamy*
  • Live long *healthy & happy* to have a kick-ass, huge 50th wedding anniversary party in 2052  
  • Feature a guest blogger here and be a featured guest on someone else's blog *any takers?*
  • Meet the President
  • Visit the 7 Wonders of the World *Great Wall of China, Beijing, Taj Mahal, Agra, India, The Colosseum, Rome, Italy, Manchu Picchu, Peru, Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt, Petra, Jordan and Christ the Redeemer Brazil* I'll be happy if I get to at least 3 of these
  • Learn to ride a unicycle, juggle and how to bake without following recipes
  • See the Northern Lights 
  • Purchase a vacation home *Palm Springs or Las Vegas*

  • Throw an annual Holiday Soiree *hire a pianist, harpist, accordion player have it catered and hire a bartender* 
  •  Stand on the skydeck of Willis Tower in Chicago *I am deathly afraid of heights*
Willis Tower Skydeck - Chicago IL
  • Ride a camel in the desert *dare I say, in Egypt?*
  • Attend a live taping of Saturday Night Live in New York at Rockefeller Center
  • Drive a car on the left side of traffic *in a vintage Fiat*
  • Have 1,000 followers *I love comments and feedback from my lovelies!*
  • Attend a Masquerade Ball
  • Participate in a Color Run 5k 


  • Drink Sangria in Spain, Sake in Tokyo, Ouzo in Greece, Chartreuse in Paris and learn to open a champagne bottle using le saberage 

  • Own a pet goat, raise Silky chickens & an Angora rabbit
  • Go to Buñol, Spain for La Tomatina *tomato throwing festival*
  • Make my blog profitable *I just got my first sponsor!
  • Stay at W hotels around the world *these are my top locations*
W Silicon Valley
W San Diego
W Westwood
W San Francisco
W Paris *Spring of 2014 would be lovely*
W London
W Washington DC *for the presidential inauguration*
W New York
W New Orleans *visit our friends Keith & Tina*
W Austin  *with my BFF Aimee*
W Montréal *for Christmas*
W Mexico City

W Istanbul
W Bangkok
W Hong Kong
W Singapore
W Marrakech
W St. Petersburg
W Athens
W Maldives *would love to go for our 25th wedding anniversary 8/18/2027*


Extreme Wow Suite W Maldives


Things to do with Olivia
  • Teach Liv origami & calligraphy 
  • Take our kid to a presidential inauguration in Washington DC
  • Teach her math in a fun way so when she gets older she enjoys it!
  • Purchase an Airstream *like this one by DWR* and road trip throughout North America
  • Learn all 50 states and capitals together
  • Teach Olivia how to swim

  • Visit all 5 Disneyland Theme Parks *California, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong*
  • Teach Liv to be fearless about food, adventure and ambition
  • Take Olivia to meet her relatives in Mexico
  • Take Olivia's photo every week with her Totoro plush until she turns 2, then every year until she's 18 *you can see her photos here*
    • vimeo video
    • Take Olivia and several of her friends to an etiquette class and then to high tea at the Peninsula Beverly Hills  
    •  Take Liv to see the Salvation Mountain *DONE*
    SalvationMountain 1 Salvation Mountain
    • Host an exchange student 
    • Build a treehouse
    • Visit Evelyn & Dion in upstate New York
    • Go camping*in our backyard*
    • Take Liv to see Mt. Rushmore
    • Teach Liv how to roller skate/ice skate/skateboard/ride a bicycle
    • Set up a lemonade stand with Liv and donate the proceeds to charity
    • Join Girl Scouts and try for every merit badge
    • Have every one of Olivia’s teachers write a message to her in Oh The Places You’ll Go! book and surprise her at her high school graduation
    • Send Olivia to the summer study abroad program at La Sorbonne Paris during her Sophomore year of high school
     Things that make me feel Awesome
    • Volunteer at an Animal Shelter and serve Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner at a homeless shelter  
    • Host Aimee's bridal shower *and be her Matron of Honor*
    • Help my Mom write her memoirs
    • Renew our wedding vows in Hawaii for our anniversary
    • Plant a tree
    • Pay for the car behind mine's order at a drive thru  DONE *on Christmas Day at Starbucks*
    • Spend a year not receiving but giving gifts.
    • Pay off our credit card debt
    • Call my extended family more *not out of obligation* 
    • Take Olivia to see the World Trade Center Memorial *and have a conversation with her about that day*

    • Hire a professional chef to cook dinner at our house for my family
    • Take a vacation on my 75th birthday with my BFF *PARIS!!*
    • Watch less telly and go outside more often

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am stealing the "Oh the Places You Will Go" idea for my baby girl (who was born June 1, 2010).

Love reading your blog. Found it the June Birth Club on babycenter. Sorry I don't comment more.

sunkissis said...

Awesome!! Feel free to steal away...I'm also taking a first day of school photo of Olivia every year until her graduation. She's gonna have so many photos of her as a child. It funny how few Antz and I have. Thanks for reading lovely!!