Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Sunday, August 18, 2002 I married a boy named Anthony. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I didn't wake up with jitters or nerves. I was calm and excited. I took an hour long bath and ate strawberries and drank champagne. I went to a spa across the street from the hotel we were staying at *Malibu Beach Inn* and had a wonderful massage. Then things happened that I can happily laugh about now. For instance, I somehow stepped in tar *gross* and had a black spot on my foot that wouldn't come off no matter how hard I scrubbed. I sent my maid of honor *Aimee, of course* over to the groom's suite with his wedding gift. I got him a watch and a cheesy card. I remember getting ready and hoping to see dolphins in the ocean. I ended seeing 4 dolphins but they could have been porpoise. It was an overcast day but we were happy because that meant less people on the beach and no hot sun for our guests. On the drive to the beach we were delayed but no one told me why so I had my one Bridezilla moment. It turned out that our shuttle *that we rented to take our guests from the reception site to the ceremony on the beach* drove right onto the sand and got stuck. I freaked out as any bride-to-be would have. Luckily I didn't cry but I did tell my Mom that I was going to sue the shuttle company for ruining my wedding, haha! I didn't sue but we had a 45 minute crisis before the groomsmen somehow got the shuttle out of the sand and my wedding commenced. We chose the Nutcracker Suite as our wedding soundtrack. I walked down to the Sugar Plum Fairy song, a favorite of mine since I was a kid and I heard it in Fantasia.



My Aunt Eloise flew in from Oklahoma to officiate our wedding. My sister-in-law, Clinnie sang Ave Maria. As I walked down the aisle my veil fell off. After we were married, Antz flip flop broke. It's little things like this that put a smile on my face. Although the day had hiccups, our lives together feels perfect. We are definitely soul mates. We get each other completely. I couldn't ask for a more perfect partner and friend. I can't believe how quickly 10 years have gone by but time flies when you're having fun. I look forward to celebrating our 50 year anniversary. I love you Antz, more than I could say. I feel like having you as a husband is the icing on the cake and having Olivia is the cherry on top. I am so blessed to have such an extraordinary life. Happy 10 years!! PHOTOBOMB


Trolley drama!!




the exact moment his shoe broke




My BFF, Aimee, my maid-of-honor and the Thelma to my Louise



Our Shuttle, I wanted to strangle the driver




I was a mess during Aimee's toast, it was so emotional



Photobombed by our photographer, George

I was so drunk at this point
Once upon a time I had a tongue ring, real classy!
I'll fill everyone in on our lovely plans tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

No comments: