Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Breakfast Club

Please forgive my Sunday afternoon case of the lazies. It's such lovely weather and I've got a full tummy. I'm so sleepy from a fun filled day so I'm not feeling so chatty.

We started our day with video chatting with our favorite niece & nephew, Evelyn & Dion from Paraguay. They only have 9 months left with the Peace Corps. and I know how fast 9 months can go by. Then we went to brunch at Cindy's. I had an idea to get together with my friends on a monthly basis and we'll try a new restaurant each time. Cindy's was my choice for our first Breakfast Club.

"Saturday, March 24,1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois, 60062. Dear Mr. Vernon, We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7:00 this morning. We were brainwashed."

Always cheesing for the camera
We checked out a really nice open house in Atwater Village after breakfast. The house is small but cute. My biggest disappointment was the faux fireplace and it's the first house on the street so there's an alley next to it. However there is a huge wall so you would never hear any noise from the cars driving by. The price was excellent, there's no doubt it will sell quickly.

I drool for pools!!
Antz must have also been inspired by this pool because he decided that today was the day we get Liv a pet fish. We bought the aquarium but the guy at the Pet store said we should wait a day before adding the fish. We're picking up a couple of goldfish friends tomorrow.


*Update* Yesterday Antz brought home our new pets. Olivia has named them Dory & Nemo *although I call them Fred & Ethel* So far so great, they survived the night and Lola hasn't noticed them, yet!



So now that Liv is watching The Goonies with Antz in the other room. I'm going to sneak a little nap before I get started on my crafting for Liv's Winter Solstice.

OH! I forgot to post a photo of our garage. Antz straightened it up and made it cute again after weeks of neglect.


Merci Mon ami!!

No comments: