Thursday, December 20, 2012

Stanley Kubrick

I find this man fascinating. I have seen almost all of his films. Each one has made an impact on me; Lolita, Full Metal Jacket, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut and, of course, The Shining. I have a documentary about him made by his daughter, Vivian that just blows my mind. Poor Shelley Duvall went through hell filming the Shining, hundreds of takes just opening a door. It took over a year to film but it's such a masterpiece even with all the changes from the novel. Anyway, my point is, I really love Stanley Kubrick. I love even more the behind the scenes of his films. So you can not understand my excitement that tomorrow *if the world fails to end at midnight* we will be heading to the Stanley Kubrick exhibit at LACMA. Here are some incredible photos from my Pinterest.

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2011/6/7/13/enhanced-buzz-19388-1307466173-50.jpg
Stanley & Vivian
The Shining. (1980)
The Overlook Maze
The Shining
The infamous sisters
 
 
 
 
 
A Clockwork Orange. (1971)
A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite soundtracks
Lolita. (1962)
I have a Lolita French poster in my bedroom
#Kubrick
Stanley & Sue *wow, he's smiling!*
http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/upload/151644712423898570_PDHZO05h.jpg
Love this scene!
A Clockwork Orange
It must have been torture filming these scenes
Stanley Kubrick on the set of ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’, 1968.
He was such a perfectionist
Kubrick and Sellers
Kubrick & Sellers
mason-lolita
Full Metal Jacket
I'm normally not a fan of war films but Vincent D'Orofrio's performance was amazing
Stanley Kubrick - 2001: A Space Odyssey, Dr. Strangelove, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket
A man of mystery, genius and great impatience
Stanley Kubrick


I really hope they allow cameras because I had to sneak my camera into the Tim Burton exhibit so I didn't get many good shots. 

Have a great day.

No comments: