Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Halloween costume ideas

I like fall, not as much as summer and spring but I'm ready for the weather to cool down *hopefully* and scarf season is approaching. It has me thinking about Halloween costume ideas. We started watching the nerdy Heroes of Cosplay show. While the people are annoying and overly dramatic, we tune in for the creative costumes. I always feel like they always give an award to the people on the show even though there are better costumes. It just dawned on me that we took a picture with one of the girls from the show at Comic Con in 2011.

Becky Young as Harley Quinn
Last week, Liv saw this Taffyta Muttonfudge costume on the show from Wreck-it Ralph and now she is obsessed with being "the strawberry girl".
Becky Young as Taffyta Muttonfudge
"Mom! I wanna be the strawberry girl!" I hear about 15 times a day. I think there are better versions of Taffyta.

Taffyta Muttonfudge, Candlehead, Rancis Fluggerbutter & Vanellope Von Schweetz
I'd much rather her go as Vanellope the cute hero of the film but Liv is all about pink these days, so Taffyta is all she wants.  Taffyta Muttonfudge is the ringleader of the mean girls but she's voiced by Mindy Kaling and I love that lady! It doesn't seem that difficult to make and I was planning on getting her some new converse, so a pink pair would work. Then Antz would go as Ralph and I guess I would be Fix it Felix. This costumes are too fucking cute.

King Candy, Vanellope and Fix it Felix
Awesome Wreck It Ralph cosplay
This Calhoun *Liv says that's my character* costume is great but too complicated for me to make
Sugar Rush Racers
S U G A R R U S H : Cosfest 2013 D2 - 03 by ~aisulove
These ladies are awesome!
S U G A R R U S H : Cosfest 2013 D2 - 01 by ~aisulove
bluupanda:

this guy was so in character it was ridiculous. and after we took a photo his phone started ringing, and he was all like “ah! thats my Ralph!”
This guy is a perfect Felix Jr.
mousiesconblog:

Fortunately for my continued lack of nightmares, I didn’t see a King Candy Cybug anywhere. 
OMG! Turbo is brilliant!
King Candy and Sour Bill by ~Ringo-Chu
I bow down to these cosplayers, they are bringing it!
There's so many cute options for Wreck-it Ralph costumes. But there's no way we are building a race car for her too, no matter how many times she says please!! Any big ideas for Halloween? I have another costume in mind but I'm gonna keep mum until I make up my mind.

No comments: