Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Day gift ideas that don't suck!

Forget chocolates, don't even think about a cheesy stuffed animal and roses are so cliché! If you are looking for awesome Love day ideas, I'm here for you!

Image from Pinterest

I'm no chocolate hater, something sweet is always a good idea. Yet, I've had sixteen years of Valentines day with my husband, he knows better than to walk in the door with a heart shaped box from CVS.



I would be extremely stoked if he was thoughtful enough to buy me candy from my favorite company, P.O.P. Candy!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1511792_10151990620276843_1015132851_n.jpg

They come in a variety of incredible flavors, my fave, rosemary, pecan, almond, cherry, cinnamon, fire pistachio, they are all really yummy.

You can never go wrong with cute, girlie things from Ban.do! I am amassing quite the collection of lovely sequin hearts but I could always use one more!

Ban.do Mini Heart - Matte Black
Mini sequin heart in Black


Ban.do Flurry Pouf - Hot Pink
Flurry Pouf in hot pink
Ban.do Girl Talk Headband - Kiss Me
Kiss Me headband

I'm still a sucker for pretty flowers. In my early twenties *which tragically took place during the nineties* I was a huge fan of red roses and daisies. Oh my but my taste in flowers has changed in my thirties. I can say peonies, ranunculus, poppies and succulents make me swoon. The fragrance, the bright, happy colors, they are perfection. It's still early for peony season so I would be majorly happy to receive any of these gorgeous weeds.



Honestly though, flowers only last for a few days, I think it would be a lovely experience to take a floral class. I am all thumbs when it comes to arranging flowers and I have no idea how to make my flowers live longer than a week. I would love to take a class at Floral LA or Moon Canyon floral workshop. I think it's worth it for the price of a bouquet.

I would absolutely die if cupid left these on my doorstep! Seriously, I have been wanting this lovely couple forever. They are so rad I can't stand it.

Abigails Head Vase
What's more romantic than a picnic in the park? I adore this basket set from Anthropologie. All we would need is a cute blanket, some bread, a bottle of wine and my favorite Trader Joe's chocolate cheese.


What do you think? Are you looking forward to something special from your sweetheart? I will be pleased as punch even if I get a homemade card from the Mister and the kid, every day I spend with them is my gift.

Do you love her Hello Kitty purse?

No comments: