Wednesday, August 4, 2010

25 Before I'm 75 *revision*

em..gee!! I just stumbled upon this ridiculously rad life list *makes my meager list look silly*

Can I just steal hers and start over? I suppose I could have put much more thought and imagination into mine. Ride a camel...hells yeah...in Egypt...even better...watch the sunset at the pyramids...yes please...why didn't I think of these?? I knew these things were inside my brain but seeing Mighty Girl Maggie's list has dug them out of the graveyard my brain filed them under.


1...See our daughter graduate from University in 2032 *hopefully with honors from Oxford*




















2...Go to Buñol, Spain for La Tomatina *tomato throwing festival*
















3...See Bjork play live at Glastonbury in the UK and in Reykjavík, Iceland























4...take my kid to a presidential inauguration *hopefully Obama will be re-elected in 2012*

5...drive a car on the left side of traffic *in any of the left-sided countries UK, India, South Africa, Japan, Indonesia or Australia/New Zealand* *we plan to rent a car in London during the Olympics although traffic will be ridiculous*

6...Cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner for 8 guests























7...Learn to speak French *at least conversationally*

8...Read 12 Classic novels *Oliver Twist, Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, The Glass Menegerie, The Great Gatsby, Atlas Shrugged, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Lord of the Flies, Animal Farm, A Tale of Two Cities* italics are ones I have read. Hopefully Olivia will read these too.

9...learn to sew *Ask Antz Mom to teach me* and make this adorable dress for Liv























10...Volunteer at an Animal Shelter

11...Visit all 5 Disneyland Theme Parks *California, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong*


















12...give birth naturally *drug-free* *sadly I succumbed to 3 epidurals but I did give birth to our beautiful daughter Olivia Lily, June 2, 2010*
















13...attend the red carpet at a major awards show *Golden Globes or Academy Awards*

14...create a blog dedicated to my life travels

15...renew our wedding vows in Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary *pushing date to 8/2014, our 12 year anniversary because of the 2012 London Olympics, we also plan to bring our Mothers on this trip*

16...purchase a hybrid environmentally-friendly car *my lease is up 8/2011 and I'll most likely get a VW Jetta Wagon TDI, although I need to see if it will fit in our garage*














17...purchase an airstream and road trip throughout North America























18...stay at 20 W hotels around the world *turns out there are 4 W's in Atlanta alone and I don't plan on visiting Georgia anytime soon, so I am revising the list to visit the following W's worldwide*

W Silicon Valley
W San Diego
W London *London Olympics 6/27/2012*
W Washington DC *for presidential inauguration in 2012 or National Spelling Bee in 2022*
W Westwood
W San Francisco *maybe for my birthday next year*
W New York
W New Orleans
W Austin
W Montréal
W Mexico City *With Antz Mom*
W Paris
W Istanbul
W Bangkok
W Hong Kong
W Singapore
W Marrakech
W St. Petersburg
W Athens
W Maldives *our 20th anniversary 8/18/2022*

















19...see Olivia compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC

20...completely renovate our next house *My Dream House*

21...have our nursery/home featured on Ohdeedoh blog *DONE!*

22...spend one year living abroad *London or Paris would be dreamy*

23...attend the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics *planning to go to London 2012*

24...visit the 7 Wonders of the World *Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal India, The Colosseum, Rome, Machu Picchu Peru, Great Pyramid Eygpt, Petra Jordan and Christ the Redeemer Brazil* I'll be happy if I get to at least 3 of these

25...spend Christmas at a Bed & Breakfast in Canada *Montréal ideally*

No comments: