Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The verdict is in

I finally baked my first pie. I followed a *baking for Dummies* simple receipe. I think I should have keep it in for another 10 minutes for the crust to be flakier but the strawberries are pretty soggy. I may have used too much sugar and flour because the inside of the pie isn't firm. We tasted 2 pieces *with a ton of whipped cream* and it was ok but maybe after a night in the fridge it will solidify and the strawberries won't be so tart.


















Next time I'll attempt a graham cracker crust or oreo cookie crust. This pie was a disaster, too soggy, the crust wasn't cooked enough and it ended up in the garbage disposal. *Boo*

Summer Bucket List
















1. Take Olivia to at least one summer outdoor concert
2. Learn the lyrics to an entire April March song *Working on Mon Petit Ami*
3. Buy an inflatable pool and play with Liv in it *Done*
4. Eat outdoors every Friday *3 Fridays down*
5. Become a regular at the Montrose Farmers Market *Sundays*
6. Buy fresh strawberries *Done* / Make a strawberry pie *Done*
7. Take Olivia to Keith & Tina's for her first swimming lesson *Done*
8. Take Olivia to my Mom's house in Apple Valley *Done*
9. Sleep in the hammock
10. Make s'mores over our firepit *having a S'mores/Dog party August 27th*
11. Have a friend's dog party at our house *#10*
12. Take one road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway *maybe go to the Hearst Castle or seal santuary*
13. Take 1,000 pictures of Olivia *I haven't been counting but I'm well into the hundreds*
14. Take Olivia to a petting zoo *she needs her vaccinations first so this is on hold until Sept*

No comments: