Friday, December 17, 2010

A Christmas Cookie

More of a Christmas Tale, I was having visions of Sugar cookies, decorated beautifully dancing in my head and all I ended up with was oddly shaped cookies with a drizzle of sprinkles and a headache. This morning when we came home from dropping off Antz Mom I noticed I had a sore throat *BOO*, now I'm sniffling, sneezing, coughing, achy, stuffy head and pretty sure I have a fever. I, of course, took some Dayquill but I am not feeling the love. I had to watch a youtube video to figure out how to use my cookie press and even after watching it 5 or 6 times, I was still not getting the hang of it. Meanwhile, I was on a tight deadline because Antz was coming home to pick up the cookies to pass out at his Secret Santa party. I ended up using what I determined to be the best results *nowhere near Martha approved* but I did have fun using my Kitchenaid Mixer for the first time. I still have no idea on how to detach the wisk to wask it but I'm in no mood to read instruction manuals. I made close to 60 cookies/30 bags of cookies. I am praying I didn't forget anyone...*I made one extra bag without a nametag* so Antz will give me feedback when he passes them out. So far Antz is Mr Popular at work, this is his office.


A bunch of these are for me and Liv too! Love our amigos!!

So I started out with all my ingredients which....left me no counter space to prep. I really need to figure out a new space for Lola *maybe move the dish rack, and give Lola that counter?* so I can fit the mixer in the corner to free up more room.


I only used 2 of the 5 bags of cookie mix and that was more than plenty. Here's the first batch


Pretty wonky-looking!

While I was waiting for them to bake, I tested what the cover of my new baker's cookbook would look like and I thumbed throught my cookie book

Yuck!



See! They look decent going in but coming out they spread out. I had a vision of glitterly snowflakes and this....not so much


I adjusted how much dough I used and made sure the press was working properly



I was still bagging when Antz got home to pick them up but he was totally happy with the cookies. I guess I'm proud being that I didn't burn them and despite the lack of prettiness, they do taste yummy! 



I suppose he's getting a good return on his investment *and I am happy we have something to give our friends*

So, I was totes gonna post an all new Mixtape Friday *I know it's been MIA for weeks* however you must forgive me. I am illing and I have a BIG day tomorrow, so I need to rest and fight this headache. Antz is going out with a bunch of our friends to see Tron * Lame to the max* so I'm babysitting while he nerds out.

Sayanara

No comments: