Friday, December 24, 2010

Mix Tape Fridays Vol. 7

Hark, the Mix tape has made it's triumphant return and this week I'm bringing you my Christmas Edition


I have a pretty kick-ass itunes playlist playing that has inspired today's Mix Tape Friday. Let's go.....

I'll start with an old classic *I totally love the 60s and cutie pie Doris Day* I used to watch all her movies when I was little *I had no clue of what was going on in those movies* but I loved Doris's voice and how bright and cheery she always seemed.


"Baby, It's Cold Outside" Bing Crosby & Doris Day

Here's another Golden oldie that instantly sets the mood. I adore Rat Pack!!


"I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" Dean Martin

Since we're on a Rat Pack Swinging set


"Mistletoe & Holly" Frank Sinatra

Ella has an amazing Christmas Album "Ella Wishes you a Swingin' Christmas" I would post every single song here but I am only going to choose one, my absolute favorite of hers. She is so major!!!


"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Ella Fitzgerald

If you're gonna make a Christmas playlist, you must include an old favorite but with a modern twist. I love this version of a timeless classic.


"Carol of the Bells" The Bird & the Bee

Anyone born before 1985 knows that Christmas is not complete without A Charlie Brown Christmas. I adore the Vince Guaraldi Trio , but I'm way into composers. I was happily surprised to hear it featured on The Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack *one of my favorite movies*



Christmas songs has one King *his name is not Elvis*, I'll let you hear who I am talking about.


"Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" Nat King Cole

If Nat is the King, I would crown Mr. Kitt, the queen. Her playful Christmas songs are so rad, I totally get excited to bake cookies for Santa while dancing to this tune.


"Santa Baby" Eartha Kitt

And now my last, yet random Christmas tune of the day. This song totally reminds me of my grammar school days, singing in our Christmas Pageant and then heading out to look at the neighborhood lights with my Mom *unknown fact: Antz and I didn't grow up in the same neighborhood, but we went to see the same neighborhood Christmas lights as children* Here's an unlikely band you may not relate to Christmas but I wanted to close with a rocking song.


"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" Weezer

Please have a safe Christmas, we'll be hanging around the casa tomorrow, eating Cinnabons, *Liv is loving her new organic pear juice* taking pics of Liv's 1st Christmas and we're crafting, I'll be mood board-ing to our heart's delight. We'll be heading out to my Mommy's house for a couple of days, so hopefully Olivia may have a White Christmas!!

No comments: