Monday, June 2, 2014

Four Years Old

I am in utter denial. It can't believe it has already been four incredible years with this child. She was just in my tummy. We were just finding out that she would be a girl. We were just putting together her nursery. We just had our bebe shower. She was just born. She was just breastfeeding. She just started preschool. How can this be? Time is warp speed at the moment. I can see her growing and changing everyday. She is losing her adorable toddler lisp. She no longer uses sippy cups or her little potty. She does everything herself. She is fiercely independent. She tells me she wants to live in Japan when she grows up. She wants to chew gum *I won't let her*. She can write her own name and buckle her shoes. She is growing up too fast for me. I want to live in this moment everyday for the rest of my life. I hope she remembers this trip fondly and will develop a love for travel, taking adventures and continue to be fearless at trying new things.

Olivia, I am so happy you are now four but please, stay little!

It's crazy how easy it is for her to take the Totoro picture now. When she was a tiny bebe, I had to prop her up and take the photo as quickly as I could. Then she was a toddler and she would never keep still so it took ages to get a good shot. Now I say it's picture time and she knows exactly what to do. I have such a wonderful kid.

Olivia grows from sunkissis on Vimeo.


This song makes me simultaneously happy and sad. I know our time together is limited. I love her so much at this age. Everyday feels like a carnival. It is inevitable that one day she will be on her cell phone all the time, always choosing to be with her friends, she won't find my jokes funny anymore and then I will have to let her be a teenager. It will rip my heart in half but I will have to patiently wait for her, just like my Mom waited for me. This mother-daughter love is some real shit. I love you kid, I cherish every second we spend together.

Karen sent Liv this amazing dress! Olivia is obsessed with her lollipop dress.
Here is a video I made of highlights of the last year. Please let me know if you want to know the name of any of the songs I used.

Olivia's 3rd Year from sunkissis on Vimeo.


Happy Fourth Birthday Olivia Lily!!We are going to Disneyland Paris and hopefully we will find that Elsa chick that Liv likes so much.
Homegirl has a fierce cat walk!

No comments: