Thursday, September 23, 2010

Culver City days & Atwater Village Nights

So it seems that Thursdays has officially become hang out with Aimee day because this is our 5th straight Thursday that we've been together. I went to pick her up for lunch, we went to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Hollywood after I assured Aimee the food would be delicious and the place is *not so* ghetto! Turns out I was spot on


Aimee loved the chicken and waffles so much she took another plate home for dinner. After our *yummy* lunch we went to Culver City *my old neighborhood* to visit my Beauty School favorite teacher, Vickie. She heard I had my baby so I brought Olivia to see her.



It was nice to catch up with her, she says I'm still her favorite student!! So, I dropped Aimee off and we headed for home *in rush hour traffic* and I passed this awesome furniture store


I could only see these outdoor pieces but I want to check it out one weekend. So I made it home *after an hour and a half* and we went to the Atwater Village Summer Nights. It wasn't as crowded as I'd expected but we had fun nonetheless. We bought a vanilla cheesecake cupcake from the Morsels truck and WOW was it mega yummy! I would love the receipe so I can try to make em. We listened to some bands and I finally met this cool chick I knew *through facebook/atwater neighborhood council* in person. She has a daughter who is about a month older than Liv. I am happy I have so many playdates available when Liv gets older, I was worried she'd have to hang with an invisible friend. I convinced Antz to let me wear Olivia in the BabyHawk for a change. I saw the cutest baby clothes but they were definitely too big for Liv.



So, it was good food, good music & good times. We left earlier than I wanted to but Antz was starving and I brought him dinner from Roscoes and Liv was super sleepy. I am looking forward to the Atwater Boo-levard Trick or Treat night on Oct 29th. Going to the Summer Nights is bittersweet because everyone was asking us if we lived in Atwater and I felt so disappointed to say no, I love the community feel and how cool everyone is. We have met so many nice people there and I feel more of like a part of the community than I ever will in Highland Park. Aimee wants us to go to the Abbot Kinney festival on Sunday but she has to work and we don't want to drive all the way to Venice. I will be happy to just putter around the house this weekend, finally get to read my October issue of Real Simple & Martha Stewart Living and get my creative juices flowing for the Halloween decorations this year. We STILL need to find an electrician to install our new floodlight, and fix the closet and kitchen lights. Good help is totally hard to find *boo*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! You are always welcome in Atwater Village. I consider you a Villager, so there.