Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Life *or something like it* List

My Life List
by
Lizzie

1...See our daughter graduate from University in 2032 *hopefully with honors from Oxford University in England or the Sorbonne in Paris*



2...Go to Buñol, Spain for La Tomatina *tomato throwing festival*



3...See Björk play live at Glastonbury Music Festival in the UK and in her hometown, Reykjavík, Iceland


4...take my kid to a presidential inauguration *hopefully Obama will be re-elected in 2012*

5...drive a car on the left side of traffic *in any of the left-sided countries UK, India, South Africa, Japan, Indonesia or Australia/New Zealand*

6...Cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner for 8 guests *served on beautiful Anthropologie dishware*



7...Learn to speak French *at least conversationally / I am taking a class this summer* {it was be rad to go back to Paris with Olivia *this time speaking French only* and take the Amelie walking tour}

8...Read 12 Classic novels *Oliver Twist, Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights, The Glass Menegerie, The Great Gatsby, Atlas Shrugged, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Lord of the Flies, A Tale of Two Cities, Animal Farm* italics are ones I have read. I would love Olivia to read these too.

9...learn to sew and make this adorable pillowcase dress for Liv *DONE*


10...Volunteer at an Animal Shelter and serve Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner at a homeless shelter.

11...Visit all 5 Disneyland Theme Parks *California, Florida, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong*


12...give birth naturally *drug-free* Sadly I succumbed to 3 epidurals but I did give birth to our beautiful daughter Olivia Lily, June 2, 2010. *DONE*



13...walk the red carpet at a major awards show *Golden Globes, BAFTAs or Academy Awards*

14...create a blog dedicated to my life travels *turn all the yellow pins {places we want to go} into red pins {places we've been}*



The white pins are places Antz has been, Green are places I've been and Red are places we've been together



15...renew our wedding vows in Hawaii for our anniversary

16...purchase an environmentally-friendly car My Tiguan *DONE*


17...purchase an airstream *DWR* and road trip throughout North America



18...stay at 20 W hotels around the world *turns out there are 4 W's in Atlanta alone and I don't plan on visiting Georgia anytime soon, so I am revising the list to visit the following specific W's worldwide*

W Silicon Valley
W San Diego
W San Francisco *maybe for my birthday next year*
W Westwood *New Years 2012*
W London
W Washington DC *for presidential inauguration in 2012 or National Spelling Bee in 2022*
W New York
W New Orleans *visit our friends Keith & Tina for Halloween*
W Austin *hopefully for SXSW*
W Montréal
W Mexico City *with Antz Mom for Christmas 2013?*
W Paris *Spring of 2014*
W Istanbul
W Bangkok
W Hong Kong
W Singapore
W Marrakech
W St. Petersburg
W Athens
W Maldives *would love to go for our 25th anniversary 8/18/2027*



19...see Olivia compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington DC

20...completely renovate our next house *My Dream House* and have it featured on Apartment Therapy

21...have our nursery/home featured on Ohdeedoh blog *DONE!*

22...spend one year living abroad *London, Sweden or Paris would be dreamy*

23...attend the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics *I was planning to go to the 2012 London Olympics, but I made the adult decision to save the money for our Dream House*

24...visit the 7 Wonders of the World *Great Wall of China, Beijing, Taj Mahal, India, The Colosseum, Rome, Machu Picchu, Peru, Great Pyramids of Giza, Eygpt, Petra, Jordan and Christ the Redeemer Brazil* I'll be happy if I get to at least 3 of these.

25...spend a White Christmas at a Bed & Breakfast in Canada *Montréal ideally*

26. ...take Olivia *and several of her friends* to an etiquette class and then to high tea at the Penisula Hotel.

27. ...visit 50 of the 52 certified Los Angeles farmers markets *25 down/25 to go*


*farmer's markets we've been to*
Culver City
South Pasadena
Santa Monica 3rd Street
Santa Monica Main Street
Highland Park
Atwater Village
Larchmont Village
Westwood
Brentwood
Beverly Hills
Pacific Palisades
Glendale
Calabasas
Silverlake
Sherman Oaks
Studio City
Eagle Rock
Pasadena Victory Park
East LA
Montrose  *our favorite one*
La Canada/Flintridge
Northridge  *biggest one so far*
West Hollywood
Hollywood
Monrovia

28 ...dress up and attend an opera *cities may vary; Los Angeles Philharmonic *Hollywood Bowl or Walt Disney Concert Hall*, New York Metropolitan Opera House, Royal Opera House, London or Sydney Opera House*

29 ...toss a coin in the Trevi fountain, pose pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa, wear masks while riding in a gondola in Venice {why the fuck didn't I do this when I was there in 1997!!!} take a pic with a donkey on the top of the grand canyon, take a picture of my fingers squishing Mt. Rushmore, take a pic jumping in front of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign {I've done this before *prior to digital photography* and sadly the picture didn't come out so great} kiss the Blarney stone, basically if its cheesy and touristy I need to do it!!

30 ...live long *and happily* enough to have a kick ass huge 50th anniversary party in 2052 *just before we take a cruise around the world*

31 ...drink Sangria in Spain, drink Sake in Tokyo, Ouzo in Greece, Chartreuse in Paris and open a champagne bottle using le saberage during a party *possibly New Years*

32 ...Build my dream closet/wardrobe. I currently dress like an emo, raver teenager that shops at Hot Topic and Goodwill. *I have never shopped at either stores* I am trying to amass a decent *non embarrassing ADULT wardrobe* I have a slight problem, I'm quirky and I dress for comfort over style. I feel the need to wear hello kitty hats or silly socks. I have come to terms with that is who I am and the world must accept the weirdo inside me. However, I would like to refine myself, a few tweaks in my clothes and shoes. Dress more appropriately for my age *I am often mistaken for a teen mom by strangers*  I would one day like to  *actually turn a bedroom into my dream closet* that takes my breath away.
So lovely


Okay, that one is much too frou-frou for me, but this one is totally rad. Totally my style, super rad, love the size and the shelving. 


I would LOVE this room for my meager shoe collection!!
I am sooo not a Miley fan but I heart her dressing room *and her roller skates!*
33. When I hit 100 followers I want to have this blog redesigned by a pro. I already have my heart set on Lindsay Nicole *wink, wink*

34. Go Blonde!! *Shit, it won't look this bad I hope*


The list is growing...as am I!

No comments: