Sunday, September 5, 2010

Like, the Valley, you know?

We finally made it to the Calabasas farmers market and you know what? It wasn't that impressive.





















































Calabasas is a pretty cute town but the traffic on the way there and the extreme 100+ heat wasn't worth the effort.




































I was seriously melting!! The farmers market didn't even have a Korean BBQ stall *every FM has had one and Antz loves it*. There was kettle corn but it wasn't fresh so I passed in lieu of a bag of warm roasted peanuts. We also bought some strawberry lemonade and some pretty spider mums for the nursery.
Leaving the market, I drove past a familiar site. *I know I am a huge NERD*























Yep, I totally took a pic in front of the Kardashian's boutique. We were dripping hot so we hightailed it to the nearest mall *The Oaks* for some much-needed air conditioning.
















We ate at the crowded *Boo* food court. I BF Liv too, it felt weird like I was grossing everyone out.




























Of course checked out Janie & Jack and Build-a-Bear













































*this guy is super cute but will soon be retired :(
















and Anthro *I bought Liv's nursery rug from this store*
















I am so disappointed in the *lack of* size of this armchair in person. It was on my wishlist but for $1200 bucks I need a cushy chair that I won't need assistance to get out of.
















I LOVE this lamp/shade!! Very cute *in person* and very retro.
















After the mall I wasn't ready to jump back onto the traffic heavy freeway so I took a detour route and somehow ended up in Malibu. There was a carnival going on but it was tooo hot for us to go.



























We drove along PCH *sorry no Seal sanctuary, Olivia spent too much time in the car already* but it was lovely drive.











































By the time we made it back home it was after 5pm. We have been tossing around ideas for Leslie's party tomorrow but so far nothing has inspired us. I am leaning towards this Martha Stewart mag cute idea but Antz pointed out, it's not a mythical creature *but perfect for Halloween*
*Photo to be uploaded tomorrow*
Tomorrow I will be making my *now famous* honey cornbread to bring to the party.

No comments: