Thursday, December 15, 2011

Golden Globe Nominations *Or Ricky Gervais Hollywood Roast*

Young "New Wave" Ricky
I can't believe he got hired again. I guess Hollywood is glutton for punishment because last year Ricky ripped everyone a new one and I loved it! I hope he hosts every year because the Golden Globes is the ghetto-est of Hollywood award show *not including those People Choice awards cause they don't count* Every celeb gets drunk off their ass and the most random people present awards. So the noms were announced and I am perplexed at some of the choices. It's weird to me how some films get to be included even though they haven't even come out yet. Well, here we go...italics are my own picks, bold is the projected winner *cause I'm only right 50% of the time*


BEST ACTRESS, TV DRAMA
Claire Danes, Homeland
Mireille Enos, The Killing
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife *only cause she wins everything*
Madeline Stowe, Revenge
Callie Thorne, Necessary Roughness

I don't know any of these hoes except Claire Danes. I'm not sure how to feel about her. I used to like her on My So-Called Life *but I also simultaneously hated her* then I liked her again when she was in Romeo + Juliet. I guess I'll cheer for her since she cracked me up in Temple Grandin

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"Hello Hello," Gnomeo and Juliet
"The Keeper," Machine Gun Preacher
"Lay Your Head Down," Albert Nobbs
"The Living Proof," The Help
"Masterpiece," W.E.

Sheesh, they aren't making it easy this year, there's no lame Randy Newman or U2...I can't believe it! I'm eeny-miny-moeing this one

BEST ACTRESS, TV COMEDY
Laura Dern, Enlightened
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl
Tina Fey, 30 Rock  *bring it home for the win, Fey-Fey*
Laura Linney, The Big C
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

Here's where the selections go awry. I like Zooey, who wouldn't? she's adorable, yet I doubt she is bringing a Golden Globe performance on that awful show *I'm speculating cause I've never watched it but I've seen enough commercials to judge*

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE PICTURE
The Flowers of War
In the Land of Blood and Honey
The Kid With a Bike
A Separation
The Skin I Live In

Angelooney and war...nuff said

BEST SCREENPLAY
Midnight in Paris
The Ides of March
The Descendants  *Alexander Panye is in the Hollywood mafia*
Moneyball

This is a tricky one, I haven't seen any of these but I want to see them all.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story *cause she is phenomenal at playing a bat shit crazy lady*
Kelly MacDonald, Boardwalk Empire
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family *she didn't win last year*
Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce


BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
Paul Giamatti, Too Big To Fail
Guy Pearce, Mildred Pierce
Tim Robbins, Cinema Verite  *just cause I like him*
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family

Egads, who watches mini-series? They are sooo boring and poorly produced. 

BEST ACTOR, TV COMEDY
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock  *BOW DOWN BITCHES*
David Duchovny, Californication
Johnny Galecki, The Big Bang Theory
Thomas Jane, Hung
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes


BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
The Artist
W.E.
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo *It's Trent Reznor and it's nice to know he now takes showers*
Hugo
War Horse

What the hell is up with this War Horse movie? I love the horsies but I don't understand the idea of this movie and why it is being taken seriously.

BEST MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Mildred Pierce *Yay, Kate!*
Too Big To Fail
Cinema Verite
Downton Abbey
The Hour

Stupid mini series

BEST TV SERIES, COMEDY
Enlightened
Episodes
Glee
Modern Family
New Girl

I am happy to say I have never watched any of these programs. Does the Hollywood Foreign Press know there is a fantastic comedy called Louie or Always Sunny? All these shows seem like chick shows.

BEST ANIMATED FILM
The Adventures of Tintin  *Edgar Wright, duh!*
Arthur Christmas
Cars 2
Puss in Boots
Rango

I suppose Puss? We are seeing Tin Tin on the 22nd.

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
William Hurt, Too Big To Fail
Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey
Idris Elba, Luther
Bill Nighy, Page Eight
Dominic West, Appropriate Adult

BEST ACTOR, TV DRAMA
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad  *I call a tie. this fool is AH-Mazing on this show, I can't believe he used to be Malcolm's Daddy*
Kelsey Grammer, Boss
Jeremy Irons, The Borgias  *I LOVE me some Jeremy Irons*
Damian Lewis, Homeland

BEST TV SERIES, DRAMA
American Horror Story
Boardwalk Empire *Michael Pitt is fun to look at*
Boss
Game of Thrones
Homeland *only reason I say this will win cause it's the only I haven't seen, therefor it will win*


BEST ACTOR, MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Jean Dujardin, The Artist
Brendan Gleeson, The Guard *Brendan Gleeson is a fantastic actor*
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, 50/50
Ryan Gosling, Crazy, Stupid, Love *yum, but not realistic*
Owen Wilson, Midnight in Paris

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Bérénice Bejo, The Artist
Jessica Chastain, The Help
Janet Mcteer, Albert Nobbs
Octavia Spencer, The Help *I am rooting for her*
Shailene Woodley, The Descendants

BEST ACTOR, DRAMA
George Clooney, The Descendants
Leonardo DiCaprio, J. Edgar  *come on, this dude is Golden, why does Leo look like he was born in the 50s*
Michael Fassbender, Shame *I have a new crush on this guy, not only was he fabulous in Inglorious Basterds and Fish Tank, see it*

Ryan Gosling, The Ides of March
Brad Pitt, Moneyball

BEST MOTION PICTURE, MUSICAL OR COMEDY
50/50
The Artist
Bridesmaids  *it would be a dream, Melissa McCarthy is AWESOME*
Midnight in Paris
My Week With Marilyn *really?* I like Michelle Williams but she was not the right one for this role

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION
Romolai Garai, The Hour
Diane Lane, Cinema Verite
Elizabeth McGovern, Downton Abbey
Emily Watson, Appropriate Adult
Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce

If Kate doesn't win, I don't care anymore.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Kenneth Branagh, My Week With Marilyn
Albert Brooks, Drive  *It was great seeing him play something other than a goody-goody*
Jonah Hill, Moneyball  *I love Jonah, but I dispise baseball*

Viggo Mortensen, A Dangerous Method
Christopher Plummer, Beginners

BEST DIRECTOR
Woody Allen, Midnight in Paris  *I really want to see this sooo bad*
George Clooney, The Ides of March
Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
Alexander Payne, The Descendants
Martin Scorsese, Hugo

BEST ACTRESS, DRAMA
Glenn Close, Albert Nobbs
Viola Davis, The Help
Rooney Mara, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady  *Meryl doesn't lose*
Tilda Swinton, We Need to Talk About Kevin  *This is a no-brainer for me, Tilda is one of the top 5 actresses of our time. She is weird in such an intriguing way

BEST ACTRESS, MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Jodie Foster, Carnage  *Another movie I want to see*
Charlize Theron, Young Adult *I hear she was really good in this movie*
Kristen Wiig, Bridesmaids
Michelle Williams, My Week with Marilyn
Kate Winslet, Carnage

BEST MOTION PICTURE, DRAMA
The Descendants  *just cause I don't care if anything else wins and this is George's Golden Globes*
Moneyball
The Help
Hugo
The Ides of March
War Horse

The GG's will be airing on January 15, 2012. I may or may not play Paparazzi at the after-parties.

1 comment:

Khaira said...

Most of the television nominations are a joke...what about Community, Louie, Cougar Town, Breaking Bad, Dexter...and the actors that go with these shows? Ugh it's so irritating!