Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Progress...at last!

Monday looked like this

Rene in action!
So at this point my anxiety was sky high
Y I K E S!
It took 2 hours to remove our 90 year old cabinets
Awesome hole right?
 And then yesterday afternoon...

Oh you beautiful drywall! and 3 new electrical outlets
Sweet copper pipes! We got a new fancy shmancy Delta Showerhead too.
This may look uninteresting but a majority of our remodel budget went here. Our house was on it's last leg in the plumbing department. By Thursday we may have wonderful water pressure!!

Sunday's Ikea delivery went smoothly and we somehow fit everything in the living room.

Our new lovely dishwasher!!
The delivery guys ran the boxes up our stairs like nothing. In two weeks, the new cabinets, countertop, sink, faucet and dishwasher will be installed. So far, everything is on schedule and going according to plan. *knock on wood* We had a few hiccups but nothing major. Our amazing contractor Rene told us that our floors are in such bad shape, we can't refinish them. *Boo* So now we are getting new floors that he will install on top. Which means I have to find new floors that look old and distressed. This is me...


I can't wait until I can start decorating! I found our stools at a fraction of the cost. We are still undecided on the wall paint.

I like the bright white *#2* look but I do agree with Antz, we need some contrast from the white trim.
We are going to Jill's Paint in Atwater Village this weekend to see what they have. This has been the hardest to choose so far.

No comments: