Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What an adventure we had last night!

Seriously, I think I was in the Twilight Zone last night. My Mom came over and asked us to go with her to a friend's house in the valley to work on her website. Well, at first I wasn't going to go but my Mom offered to buy us dinner so I went. When we got to the chick's house I knew I wasn't going to make it. It was in a nice neighborhood but their house looked very "Hills have Eyes/horror filmesque" This house was an episode of Hoarders mixed with an episode of Intervention. The chick and her *80 yr old* boyfriend *barf* was avid smokers and the house reeked of years of smoke. I had to immediately go outside for fresh air and she offered for me to sit beside the "pool" so I got excited, huge letdown. The pool was big but it looked like it's hadn't be used in 10 years. The backyard was nice but she put me in a lawn chair and the second I sat down I began to itch as if I was being eaten alive. There must been fleas on my legs because I had 5 welts and I was itching really bad. I wanted to cry, *well I eventually did*. I had to get out of there. Antz and my Mom seemed immune to this attack and I told them I was going to Rite Aid and wait in the car for them to finish. They both felt horrible that I had to be in that house for a second but my Mom needs this lady to program her website. I went to Rite Aid to buy some hydrocortisone cream but that didn't really help. I then went to Barnes and Noble to hang out until they finished. Then I went to pick them up and we had a late dinner at Jerry's. What a nightmare! I am never going to a strangers house without knowing what to expect in advance.
This morning we had our doc appt. and she checked my cervix to see if I'm dilating. Thankfully I am not but I am 20% effaced. I do not want to get even close to labor until June. It really, really hurt when Dr. Teng checked me. I don't know how I'll handle the pain but Friday we will meet with Gilli and she'll teach us some tips. I bought a sitz bath yesterday but I have no idea how to use it. Aimee is coming over in an hour and we are going to see Babies. I think I'll order the Bugaboo stroller today but I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that the one I am ordering is the right one.

No comments: