Friday, July 27, 2012

This needs to be addressed

I had a mini rant on Facebook this morning after reading this statement from Chick-fil-a.
Hey Fans. Another rumor related to Chick-fil-A that is currently in the media is related to the Jim Henson Kid's Meal prizes. We want to set the facts straight. Chick-fil-A made the choice to voluntarily withdraw the Jim Henson Kid's Meal puppets for potential safety concerns for our customers on Thursday, July 19. On July 20, Chick-fil-A was notified of the Jim Henson Company's decision to no longer partner with us on future endeavors.
This doesn't sound Kosher to me.


There was close to 4,000 comments of people saying how they support Mr. Cathy and how "brave" he is standing up for his beliefs. Here is my response that:

"I am super grossed out by the lame comments left on the Chick-fil-A fb page. "Thanks for standing up for traditional beliefs" Umm, wasn't it not long ago traditional beliefs were Black people had to use separate bathrooms and ride in the back of the bus? Closed minded people really piss me off. Don't preach hate in the name of religion, that's a major contradiction. The CEO has every right to feel how he feels. I totally hate douchebags, but I'm not out on the street handing out "I hate douchebags" flyers or donating to the Douchebags Suck Foundation. Keep your hate to yourself and stop taking the bible so literally, those dudes used to have like a hundred wives."

Am I crazy but doesn't it seem like an awful lot of Christians and Republicans *same thing, right?* really enjoy standing up for discrimination and bigotry in the name of the bible? How does gay people effect them?  If I choose not to live my life according to the bible, I'm somehow morally reprehensible? I made the choice to baptize our daughter in the Catholic faith but I don't judge you heathens that aren't Catholic *I kid!* Belief schmalief, some people believe beating the shit out of a child is good for them. Other folks believe that eating delicious bacon is the equivalent of tweezing their pubes. Really, who gives a shit what other people do? I am super bummed that Chick-fil-a has to be a major dickhead cause their chicken is crazy yummy and they just opened one close to my house in Hollywood! In & Out is a religious company but they don't have to openly Gay bash in the mosh pit for Jesus. Here's four simple words to fix all the world's problems....

My lovely Louie said it best...


My last thought on the subject...


What do you lovelies think of this issue? Are you boycotting?

No comments: